Our BDO Whistler office is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting & Assurance team. As the successful candidate, you will develop your professional accounting career while receiving unparalleled mentorship from our industry experts.
Your sound technical knowledge of audit and assurance concepts will ensure that we continue to effectively deliver exceptional service to our clients, government agencies, partners and staff – demonstrating drive, integrity and passion for our clients and practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of NTR Financial Statements, Corporate and Personal Income Tax Returns, T4 and T5 slips and summaries
- Responsible for planning and carrying out work related to Assurance & Accounting and income tax engagements
- Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprise
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
- Participate in new business development initiatives through preparation of materials for new business presentations and meetings, writing proposals, etc.
- providing advice and training to other staff members
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Have completed your Chartered Professional Accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of three years of full cycle accounting experience is required
- Experience working for a public practice is considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.