BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The Mississauga office of BDO Canada LLP has an opening for a full-time Intermediate Accounting Technician who will be responsible for providing full cycle accounting, full cycle bookkeeping and payroll services to our clients. Candidates must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. Our clients include businesses of various sizes in, hospitality, manufacturing, construction, insurance, the non-profit sector and municipal government. We also service many small businesses, and self employed professionals.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Experience with performing reconciliations of bank accounts, journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Data entry; Payroll processing including input, validation and testing
· Identify payroll data discrepancies outside of the norm and work with management on corrective actions
· Follow up with clients on any discrepancies or missing time summaries
· Process government remittances and statutory and non-statutory deductions for each pay-period (EI, CPP and EHT)
· Generate requested payroll reports
· Completion of personal tax returns
· Preparation of regular external filings such as HST Completion of routine account analysis and bookkeeping assignments following established procedures
· Preparation of working paper files, financial statements and income tax returns for compilation engagements under supervision
· Responding to queries and correcting errors identified by senior accounting technician/manager/senior manager/associate or partner
· Effective communication with our clients, with government agencies and with our partners and staff
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
· Minimum of 1 year of hands on, in depth bookkeeping and payroll experience
· Post-secondary education in Accounting
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Outlook, Excel and Word)
· Experience using Quickbooks, NAV and Simply Accounting or similar operating system an asset
· Previous experience in CaseWare/CaseView or Tax Prep is an asset
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks
· High attention to detail
· Previous experience working in a public accounting firm is considered a strong asset
Why Work for BDO?
· BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
· Opportunity to develop through projects
· BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
· At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
· We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
· We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
· Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.