BDO’s Alberta office (made up of 7 locations) is looking for an Office Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Organize office operations and procedures across all offices in Alberta
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Design, implement and oversee office policies and procedures across multiple locations to improve operational efficiency
- Analyze and monitor internal processes
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Lead Administration team reporting (assign, monitor and coach staff)
- Perform a wide range of administrative support duties, including but not limited to, preparing and formatting letters, proposals, reports, presentations, financial summaries, analysis and confidential minutes
- Ensure coordination, logistics and continuous monitoring of meetings and management committees internally as well as externally and manage calendars, travels and travel arrangements as required
- Organize and schedule meetings & appointments
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Diploma of College Studies in Office Technology or other relevant training
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative role and 2 years of experience at a Manager level, ideally with accounting industry knowledge
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote and Outlook
- Ability to manage several tasks files at the same time and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, attention to detail and problem solving
- Must show flexibility and availability as overtime may be required
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Leadership experience
- Proven office management and executive support experience considered an asset
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset. We offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed.
- We provide competitive salaries and a flexible benefits package
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives such as FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger,” etc.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.