BDO Canada has an immediate opening for a Bilingual Content Marketing & Social Media Specialist to join the Financial Recovery Services business line. The ideal candidate will be located in either Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto.
The Bilingual Content Marketing & Social Media Specialist is a digital marketing role with an emphasis on content marketing and social media, including content creation and social community management. You have a strong understanding of the Quebec market place, and digital marketing best practices, emerging trends, and how they can be applied in a B2C environment. As a member of the Marketplace team, you will report to the Sr. FRS Marketing Manager, and work in a collaborative environment with a variety of stakeholders, including regional practice professionals in Quebec, developing and executing content marketing campaigns, and drive top-of-funnel leads and growth in traffic to National and local websites. This individual must be a dedicated team-player, with the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Create develop and execute content with the National FRS Marketplace team, to help grow our market presence in Quebec.
- Develop and execute content marketing campaigns using templates and best practices
- Contribute to the French content creation process and editorial calendar
- Use data and analytics to drive content ideation and content strategy
- Support the development and refinement of content themes, personas, path to purchase, and content distribution strategy
- Outline, research and create a variety of engaging content, including website content, blogs, infographics, webinars, podcasts, videos, articles, white papers, and other types of publications.
- Work with external French service providers such as agencies, broadcasters and other vendors
- Help manage the translation of content to ensure accuracy of information and consistency in tone
- Serve as an editor for digital marketing to ensure consistent tone and voice across content
- Enforce the international BDO network’s corporate visual identity standards, including consistency of look and feel in design and writing styles
- Collaborate with the National FRS Marketplace team on optimizing content for SEO, and supporting initiatives related to the firm’s national websites and social media channels
- Help create and execute social and traditional media campaigns.
- Monitor content performance and create reports outlining recommendations for improvements
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- University degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or a related field
- 3 - 5 years of related experience, including hands on experience in content creation, preferably in a B2C environment (background in professional services industry is considered an asset)
- Fluent in English and French is required (Writing and speaking)
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills in both official languages
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of the organization
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail, with proven ability to keep projects on track while balancing competing priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience working on CMS platforms
- Strong knowledge of content marketing principles and related areas such as search engine optimization and writing for the web
- Demonstrated experience using Google Analytics and other analytics platforms
- Strong knowledge of social media and digital marketing strategies, best practices, and analysis (experience executing paid campaigns on Facebook and Twitter is considered an asset)
- Experience developing a variety of content (e.g. written content, infographics, webinars, videos)
- Reliable business judgement and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and client focused skills – interacts well with all levels of staff and partners with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Self-starter, motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of team
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.