BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to play a key role in the Alberta Office by expanding our client base and introducing additional BDO service offerings to current clients. Your goal will be to drive sustainable financial growth by boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients and key influencers. As a member of the team, you will work closely with BDO Partners and Managers responsible for prospecting new clients and presenting BDO’s value proposition.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Actively drive business opportunities from current clients and generate new opportunities from prospective BDO clients in the key industries for your geographic area
- Achieving Sales Revenue targets
- Attract interest in products and services by, networking, developing relationships and listening to feedback within the business and community
- Develop and manage special projects as required, including research assignments, presentations and project documents for business development initiatives
- Attend regional and local business functions, such as association events and industry conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Take part in public speaking engagements in both a formal and informal setting
- Lead the business proposals process (including RFP’s), by coordinating the resource teams, identifying key concepts to be highlighted and presenting to the potential client
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with key contacts (internal and external)
- Some travel within the province is required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- University degree in marketing, business or related discipline
- Experience in business development and B2B sales (background in professional services industry an asset)
- Business acumen and business development experience
- Executive presence and excellent networking skills
- Ability to identify, qualify and manage complex sales cycles using the Challenger Sales Model
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple diverse tasks and deliverables within one or more projects
- Excellent writing, communication and project management skills
- A broad understanding of the firm’s service and product offerings
- MS Office product knowledge and experience, including CRM
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way