BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada requires a highly motivated individual to provide Reception support to our Peterborough office. The candidate must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, and possess an ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Answering incoming calls and greet clients as they enter the office
- Provide administrative support to Partners/Departments
- Assistance to other admin staff as required
- Scan any incoming or outgoing mail
- Booking boardrooms for meetings as requested and coordinating catering requirements
- Manage courier requirements for delivery and pickup, including signing for couriers, completing the waybills and other necessary documentation, maintenance of log books for tracking purposes
- Maintain client information
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Knowledge of office specific software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with clients, staff and outside parties in a professional manner
- Able to work under pressure and excellent attention to detail with an ability to prioritize multiple requirements and deadlines
- Must be able to deal with confidential matters appropriately
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Must be able to adapt to on-going changes and growth in the role and duties
- College diploma an asset
- Previous experience in a reception/customer service role is required
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way