BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently seeking a Data Developer within our Toronto National office. The successful incumbent will use their skills and knowledge in design and development of data repositories, conversions and ETL’s from multiple data repositories to build reporting and analytical solutions. The developer will be designing, building and publishing data pipelines, factories in Azure environment based on business and functional requirements.
Please note this is a 12-month contract to cover a maternity leave.
- Translate functional specifications into detailed design documents and participate in technical solution sessions
- Identify internal/external data sources and requirements for data migrations, data conversion and data loads into complex database repositories
- Assist in testing activities by supporting test plan and test case validation
- Developing and reviewing code for on-going projects.
- A degree in Computer Science
- .NET Framework and C# Development
- Experience with MS-SQL, T-SQL coding and testing
- Hands-on experience in building complex SQL Queries using MS SQL
- Time management skills and ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks
- Capable of working independently, while being a collaborative member of the team
- Problem solving and resourcefulness along with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated Experience with MS SQL, T SQL and Azure environment including data pipelines, data factories, ODATA and PowerBI
- Design, build and test dashboards, reports, applications and portal interfaces including SSIS packages for ETL processes, SQL Agent jobs, SSRS automated reports, SQL code/stored procedures, triggers
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way