Introduction to BDO Managed Services
The Managed Services Practice is one of the fasted growing practices within the BDO Consulting group, centered on building deep customer relationships and providing superior customer service. The practice offers clients a variety of innovative service offerings including:
- Managed Solutions: Here BDO provides on-going consulting and support services to the customer across a variety of technology that includes custom .NET solutions using SQL as the backend to SharePoint / O365 and ERP (AX, NAV, CRM, GP and D365). Support services include assisting the customer with the solution, traditional breakfix and on-going enhancements.
- Cloud Services: Here we provide everything cloud from roadmaps to hosting and licenses using the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Health Check Program: As part of this service, we would conduct a 100 point inspection across one or more aspects of your IT landscape or application. The output of this program is a report with recommendations that provides a future roadmap of targeted initiatives.
- Staffing Services: The Staffing program is aimed to support customers by providing temporary onsite assistance across a period of months should there be a gap in IT skillset or planned / unplanned absences.
- Managed IT Program: This program is targeted to assist customers with managing their servers, network, desktops or provide onsite IT assistance when and where required.
As part of our fast-paced growing Managed Service practice, you will be engaged with our Managed Solutions service line as a Technical Consultant. This opportunity would allow a candidate to develop various aspects of their skill sets including: customer engagement & consulting, expertise and depth across various technologies, troubleshooting & problem solving and execution of approved enhancements to the solutions.
As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to engage with customers to understand their challenges or new requirements and take those needs from a technical perspective from development all the way to delivering them to the live environment. The ability to pick up new technologies or business solutions, analytical thinking, problem solving and prioritization would be keys to success in this role. This role will also allow a consultant to engage and further develop through exposure to many solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Azure Cloud technology, build upon various soft skills and also provide input into the continuous improvement activities across both the practice and customers served.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ownership and accountability for assigned customers requests i.e. taking their requests from intake to closure
- Understanding of the solutions from both the customer business and functional point of view
- Consult with the customer on the desired requirements in the case of a Request or work with the customer to conduct initial diagnostics and assist with resolution in the scenario it is an incident
- Timeline and complete updates to all development tools (TFS, SysAid) and communication to the customer end user where applicable
- Collaborate with other consultants if and where required to take your request or incident to closure.
- Develop software in the context of a project or existing production solution, while ensuring alignment to current and developing architecture.
- Delivering on development activities on time and on budget per agreed to plan with the highest level of quality while producing code that is secure, reliable, reusable and scalable.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and problem solve reported issues along with providing & execution on an appropriate remediation plan
- Engage Client or Project Managers where applicable to seek assistance especially in the scenario of customer, budget, scope or timeline concerns
- Creation / Updates to the Knowledge Base and Technical Specification or other related documents
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge
- Proactive approach to finding solutions and managing problems.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
- Remain up to date of development technologies, both current and future.
- Various other duties as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of .Net application development experience
- Working Knowledge of Software Development Processes (Agile, Waterfall) & Best Software Practices (Source Control, Unit Testing etc)
- Excellent customer facing and consulting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting & problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Working experience and proven knowledge in the following areas:
- Developing web-based, or mobile enterprise applications
- Developing within the .NET environment, 3.5+, Web API, and MVC, and Web Services.
- SQL Server 2012 & above, ADO.NET, EF, ORM patterns
- Design methodologies, patterns and practices
- Environment Setup & Configuration for Applications
- Deployment techniques and strategies to deploy new or existing solutions on production
- Front end UI design (nice to have)
- Development & Support of SharePoint (nice to have)
- Development & Support of Cloud Solutions (nice to have)
- ERP Experience - Dynamics NAV, CRM, AX, GP or D365 (nice to have)
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
Our Vision: The best professional services firm in the mid-market.