BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to support to our Toronto West (Mississauga & Burlington) clients in the GTA Group. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources GTA & National, the Human Resources Manager will be the key HR point of contact responsible for advising clients on all aspects of the talent agenda and experience. The HR Manager will work with HR Centers of Expertise and GTA Leaders to deliver the BDO talent experience - positioning people for Firm, Professional and Personal Success.
Please note this is a 14-month maternity leave contract
- Build and maintain strong, advisory relationships with Toronto West & GTA Leaders
- Enables leaders to lead and effectively engage their people
- Advise leaders on all talent related matters including employee relations and engagement, performance, rewards, organizational structure, workforce planning, inclusion and diversity, development, acquisition, policy application and others as required
- Partner with the Centers of Expertise and leads change processes to transform and deliver the BDO Talent Experience
- Work with the HR team to deliver all elements of the National Talent Strategy across the Group
- Work with the Senior Manager to inform and shape the National Talent Strategy
- Participate on / lead national HR projects
- Enjoys having fun doing serious work in a collaborative fast-paced environment
- Gets things done
- A high focus on advising clients
- A savvy advisor who develops the best possible recommendations for clients and enables leaders
- A curious and proactive problem solver who develops solutions that enable firm, professional and personal success
- Collaborative and constructive
- Always seeks to improve processes
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a complex, matrix environment
- An effective written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable facilitating presentations and discussions
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree or diploma a relevant field
- CHRP/L designation completed or in progress
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of progressive experience as a Senior HR Generalist or HR Manager
- Working knowledge of relevant HR legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way