At BDO, our team is our most valuable asset.
With a strong international and national presence, BDO is one of the leading professional service providers in Canada. Our team of professionals provides clients with a full range of assurance and accounting, tax and advisory services, supported by our local accessibility and hands-on approach to individual client needs. We possess the experience and resources of a large firm yet offer our clients the personalized service of a smaller firm.
As the Canadian Member Firm of BDO International (with offices in more than 100 countries), we employ more than 2,000 partners and professionals and over 400 additional staff members. Our employees are given more opportunities to experience all industries, work closely with our diverse client base and collaborate with their colleagues. We also provide training tailored to our employees' individual requirements and job responsibilities.
BDO’s Forensics practice specializes in investigating, assessing, and resolving financial disputes. Our services include fraud investigations, litigation support in complex commercial disputes, quantifying commercial insurance losses, providing expert testimony and more.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Consultant for our Toronto Advisory Services Office. The successful candidate will assist with all aspects of our practice, with mandates including:
· Insurance claim quantification
· Fraud investigations
· Damages quantification (including business valuations) in a commercial dispute context.
Responsibilities will include:
· Analysis of financial data for the purposes of quantifying damages in insurance and litigation contexts;
· Analysis of banking and other financial transaction information for the purposes of fraud investigations;
· Preparation of correspondence to clients, including reports on findings;
· Correspondence with insurance adjusters, risk managers, internal accounting staff and lawyers discussing file issues and our findings; and
· Ongoing contact with Managers/Partners with respect to file issues and status.
Qualifications & Behavioral Competencies will include:
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
· Ability to write reports and communicate ideas effectively orally and in writing;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Ability to establish professional relationships with staff and clients;
· Strong analytical, accounting and auditing skills, working knowledge of data analytics tools would be an asset;
· Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills;
· Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required;
· Able to travel as required.
· Minimum 3+ years professional accounting experience
· CPA required or equivalent professional accounting designation
· Experience in investigative & forensic accounting would be considered an asset
· Relevant specialist designation(s) (or working towards) would be an asset, such as CFI, CBV, CFF, CFE
One Firm is engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.