The Guelph office has an opening for an Intermediate Accountant, Outsourcing. We seek qualified candidates who have demonstrated abilities to deal with sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical. The Intermediate Accountant would be responsible for the providing services to various clients for monthly, quarterly and annual projects on a cash and accrual basis.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Plan and prioritize external client bookkeeping projects that are assigned to ensure deadlines and client expectations are met
- Build sustainable external and internal client relationships
- Prepare external client accounting documents including financial statements and external filings
- Perform accounting services including preparation of financial statements, trial balances, reconciliation of bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare regular external filings such as GST, PST, WSIB, HST, T4 etc
- Ensure follow-up on notices of assessments
- Assist with multinational businesses that require compliance & accounting services
- Assist with companies that require management reporting, statutory accounting and/or a fully outsourced back office accounting function.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide support to clients on general questions regarding accounting issues
- Develop the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- 2+ years of accounting experience with exposure to multiple organizations
- Professional designation an asset (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Flexible, proactive and commercially focused with excellent project management skill
- Strong analytical skills and ability to spot errors obvious errors quickly
- Ability to work on a self-directed basis in a high-growth and continually challenging environment
- Proficiency in writing clear, effective and well-structured business documentation
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems and resolve issues
- Exposure to international business an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft NAV software
Our Vision One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.