BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The BDO office in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador continues to grow at lightning speed and has an exciting opportunity for a Manager or Senior Manager to assist with the Assurance needs of our clients. We are seeking an individual who has demonstrated abilities to deal with sensitive issues and who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. The ideal candidate must be adaptable to the multiple demands of this role, and must excel working both independently, and as part of a team.
- Effectively lead engagement teams in the planning and execution of Audit and Review engagements
- Plan, scope and direct complex client assignments/projects, determining assignment costs, resources and fees for Partner approval
- Prepare and deliver financial statements according to Firm and regulatory standards
- Develop and maintain client relationships at the highest level, including accountability for most operational aspects of client engagement
- Lead and develop less experienced staff through coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer and assigning challenging work opportunities
- Responsible for providing feedback and completing performance reviews for subordinates
- Effective communication with our clients, as well as with our partners and staff
- CPA Designation
- 5-8 years of public accounting experience including auditing and the preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Natural leadership abilities by continually focusing on employee engagement
- Ability to prioritize workloads, delegate tasks and meet deadlines
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen sense of business acumen by seeking new clients and developing business relationships within the community
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Caseware and TaxPrep would be considered an asset
- Prior supervisory/management experience
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way