Come grow with us!
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of an exceptional team of people? Are you interested in a work environment where innovation and initiative are encouraged and rewarded? If you thrive on change, love a challenge and continuously strive for excellence, we have a position for you!
BDO Canada LLP is a recognized Microsoft Partner firm that develops and integrates creative software solutions using the Microsoft Application Platform. With numerous Gold and Silver certifications, we provide high business value to all of our customers.
We are currently looking for a Senior Analytics/AI Consultant to join our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The role of Analytics/AI Consultant is an integral part of our delivery practice as we execute on enterprise level engagements through our various industry specializations. Listed below are supporting details for the role.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline and 3 years of software engineering.
- Software development experience working with SQL Server 2012+.
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of implementing all phases of an Analytics solution delivery project.
- End-to-end Microsoft Analytics solution experience with the entire Microsoft SQL Server Analytics stack whether On-Premise or in the Cloud including: Core SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, SQL Azure, Azure Data Lake, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Analytics Services.
- Exposure to Machine Learning/AI methodologies and technologies such as Azure ML, R, Python, Azure Data Bricks.
- Exposure to Big Data methodologies and technologies such as HDInsight
- Experience in a software development environment developing, testing and documenting code for N-tier software solutions.
- Experience with design of relational databases, dimensional models, data marts, operational data stores, and transactional databases.
- Understanding of Analytics concepts and methodologies – DW lifecycle (Kimball) / star schema / data normalization / data mining / data federation / etc…
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines/schedules.
- Strong attention to the quality of work delivered.
- Experience interfacing with Customers and External users
- Strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to work with different levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines/schedules
- Strong attention to the quality of work delivered (attention to detail)
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
- Experience with one or more of the following industries: Natural Resources, Healthcare, Retail, Finance, and Insurance.
- Experience driving technology integration and adoption in complex heterogeneous environments.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE: Data Platform/Analytics)
- Software development experience working with the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5+, Net.
- Familiar with software development patterns and technologies such as MVC and Entity Framework.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2013+.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Big Data approach, Power BI, delivering Analytics solutions in Azure, and familiarity with massively parallel databases.
- Ability to describe differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms.
- Ability to express the benefits that Microsoft SQL Server Products present over other Microsoft competitors.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Engage directly with clients and drive the implementation and successful end user experience of analytics solutions. Provide key direct support in resolution of solution issues.
- Design and develop industry-specific data models for projects in industries such as Natural Resources, Finance, Manufacturing and Distribution, and Retail.
- As a technical leader, drive project initiatives collaborating with the delivery team ensuring that solution development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Remain up to date of development technologies, both current and future in order to deliver state-of-the-art Analytics solutions for our customers.
BDO Canada LLP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected applicants MUST be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
** Accommodation is available to applicants with a disability
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.