The Markham Office of BDO Canada LLP has an opening for a full time 12 month contract Intermediate Administrative Assistant. We are seeking an individual who has demonstrated abilities to deal with sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical, while still providing exceptional client service. This individual must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to multiple partners and staff within the office
- Preparing presentations, proposals, reports and other correspondence related to client service items, and internal communications for multiple partners/managers in the office
- Handling various administrative tasks, including, but not limited to coordinating and communicating with clients for appointments, work in progress, client invoicing, letters, calendar management, client and contact database management, meeting and travel coordination, various office duties, etc.
- Administration of various corporate and personal tax returns
- Assist with billing, collections and processing of A/R and A/P
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings with clients and for partner functions
- Collating financial statements and income tax returns, filing tax returns & special projects as needed
- Providing assistance to other partners and staff as assigned
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- 2 or more years of Office Administrative experience in a professional setting
- Proven ability to be adaptable and quick thinking while working independently
- Thrives working under pressure and able to meet deadlines, even when conflicting priorities arise
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- Professional demeanor
- Strong client service skills with the ability to exceed client expectations
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Completion of a university degree in the arts/humanities field is considered an asset
- Prior experience within the Professional Services Industry is considered a strong asset (ie. accounting, law or engineering firms)
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.