BDO Canada LLP is looking to hire a Senior Manager, US Corporate Tax to be part of our National US Corporate Tax Services Group located in the Montreal office. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Montreal US Corporate Tax Group, growing and managing a portfolio of US Corporate Tax clients, and contributing to strategic planning and client management initiatives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Leads US Corporate Tax planning projects. Provides both technical and project management leadership to team members for U.S. Corporate Tax projects and assignments
- Develops a portfolio of clients. Identifies and develops new business opportunities with existing clients. Required to establish new business opportunities with new clients and apply marketing/selling skills
- Reviews U.S. corporate tax and partnership returns
- Conducts formal project/team performance reviews of staff
- Develops the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Required to contribute to the successful recruitment of new talent
- Applies specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business
- Responsible for special assignments where recurring engagements are not underway
- Develops and/or maintains positive client relationships. This may include substantial travel to client sites
- Provide leadership for the group’s administrative processes
- Provide or review tax consulting and research on U.S. issues
- Works within required budgets
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional designation required (CPA CA, CPA CMA, CPA CGA)
- 8 or more years of professional experience
- Possesses a minimum of two years of experience and expertise in a U.S. corporate tax management role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both French and English;
- Serving Clients
- Completing Work
- Building Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Team work
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.