BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is currently looking to hire a Senior Tax Manager to be part of our growing Mergers & Acquisitions Transaction Tax practice from either our Vancouver or one of our Greater Toronto Area offices. You will be involved in assisting clients with transaction tax issues including completing tax due diligence, tax structuring, assisting with the tax aspect of sale purchase agreements as well, post-closing items and other transaction tax matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead vendor and buy-side tax due diligence engagements to identify, evaluate and quantify potential tax liabilities and exposures and work with vendors to mitigate these exposures prior to commencing a sale process and/or with legal counsel in reviewing purchase and sale and ancillary agreements
- Design tax-efficient structures for strategic and private equity acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations
- Collaborate with team members on the design of Canadian and international private equity funds and related management structures
- Analyze complex tax issues and prepare technical deliverables to outline the tax analysis and implications to clients
- Manage and mentor engagement team members and work closely with a large team internal team members located across the country
- Initiates strategic and commercial client contact, ensuring that all client needs are met and that account development follows
- Maintains relationships with clients at the highest level
- Contributes to the successful recruitment of new talent
- Develops the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, assignment of challenging work opportunities
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a public accounting practice with a significant period of this time focusing in Tax.
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience in domestic reorganizations
- Mergers & Acquisitions tax experience required
- Completion of Master of Taxation or CPA Canada In-depth Tax program
- Experienced with identifying issues and developing solutions, managing client expectations and engagement economics and team leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, and internal accounting/tax software
- Strong organization and time management skills
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.