BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is currently looking to hire a Tax Manager to be part of our growing Mergers & Acquisitions Tax practice from either our Vancouver or one of our Greater Toronto Area offices. You will be involved in assisting clients with transaction tax issues including completing tax due diligence, tax structuring, assisting with the tax aspect of sale purchase agreements as well, post-closing items and other transaction tax matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead vendor and buy-side tax due diligence engagements to identify, evaluate and quantify potential tax liabilities and exposures and work with vendors to mitigate these exposures prior to commencing a sale process and/or with legal counsel in reviewing purchase and sale and ancillary agreements
- Design tax-efficient structures for strategic and private equity acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations
- Assist in developing and implementation of tax strategies to maximize after-tax proceeds to sellers in M&A transactions
- Responsible for tax compliance and planning for a variety of clients
- Research tax issues and prepare internal and external memorandums
- Manage staff in the Tax group and provides daily guidance, coaching and develops their knowledge of Tax
- Provide Tax Training at internal and external professional tax skill development sessions
- Maintains relationships with clients at the highest level, identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to assist existing and new clients.
- Contributes to the successful recruitment of new talent
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Qualified Canadian CPA, CA with successful completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Course (level I & II preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of Canadian tax experience
- Interest and passion related to M&A Transaction Tax; specific M&A Transaction tax experience not required however would be considered an asset
- Strong overall communications skills including verbal and written as well as strong research and analytical skills
- Motivated and diligent in maintaining current technical knowledge in the area of Tax
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to provide high level client support activities within a dynamic environment
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.