BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada has an opening in our IT Department for a Manager, Network & Security Operations. This role will be located in our National Office in downtown Toronto, close to public transit and Union station.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure - IT, the Manager, Network & Security Operations is responsible for people management, daily operations support of critical business and network, telecommunications & security related systems and take active leadership role in sourcing new technology and process for the Firm.
- Enthusiastic & organized People Leader in managing a diverse and talented Network & Security Operations team. Provide leadership, guidance and processes to elevate the performance of the team.
- Lead the team and in collaboration with other teams / peers deliver expert level troubleshooting / resolution, processes / capabilities to resolve complex issues affecting the Firm’s critical network infrastructure systems.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the network required to provide data, voice, and video service to subscribers, as well as back-end processes like patching etc. required for administrative support.
- Monitor changing network technology, create and deliver utilization, capacity and related reports on a regular basis.
- Create/Upgrade Disaster Recovery Plans for Network/Internet connectivity.
- Manage key outsourcing vendors and relationships. Work with vendors on contracts and adhere improve services based on SLA/OLA.
- Manage project processes and resources from development through to implementation and support. This will also include enhancements to existing systems.
- Research in collaboration with the peer managers to keep abreast of technological developments, market and product offerings and best practices for the Firm.
- Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of the company and position.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science/Networking or related field.
- 7-10 years of work experience in a similar role.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of Juniper switches/routers, Riverbed (SteelFusion) systems, Citrix Netscaler, Bell/Telus telco systems, MPLS, VPLS, SD-WAN technologies, Fortinet and allied technologies, Aruba, Gigamon, Cisco routers/switches & allied technologies, Unified Messaging systems (Skype for Business), MS-Teams, Microsoft Active Directory, Azure services, SCOM, SNMP
- LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, QOS, Routing protocols, VoIP, VPN, VLAN, Broadcast/Multicast traffic, Wireless technologies, Fiber and copper cabling
- Strong working knowledge with MS Office, MS-Teams and MS-TFS.
- Desirable knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, Domain Name System (DNS), System Center services, SCOM, Workday, SSO solutions, Anti-spam, Anti Malware, SIEM systems (Qradar, Logrythm etc)
- Working knowledge of ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Kanban processes and methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to facilitate discussions with all levels of personnel.
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and industry best practices.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Leadership skills and previous management experience required
- Be able to plan and organize work to meet deadlines. Work is varied and requires a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way