BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP's Calgary office has an opportunity for a dynamic and professional individual to join us as a Junior Financial Planner in our Wealth Advisory Services business line. This position serves as a fantastic opportunity for the selected candidate to further bolster the development of the Wealth Advisory Services division offered by BDO. This position offers continued career growth, exposure in the Wealth & Advisory profession and an opportunity to really make this role their own. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and attention to detail skills, can build relationships with clients easily, and can set our clients up for financial success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Process client data and complete data entry in financial planning software
• Identify financial planning needs and solutions for clients by considering the client’s wealth, life goals and other objectives
• Serve as a resource for clients with needs surrounding financial planning, investments, insurance, tax management, executive compensation, retirement analysis, estate planning, philanthropy and business succession planning;
• Develop recommendations and identify areas of opportunity to assist clients in achieving their financial goals
• Other Financial Planning tasks including, but not limited to; meeting preparation, RRSP, RESP and TFSA account tracking, research assignments, prepare report packages, other duties as assigned
• Ad hoc duties and projects as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Be pursuant of Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
• 1+ years’ experience in the wealth/financial planning industry is preferred (in a banking, insurance, investment related workplace)
• Inquisitive, curious attitude by continuously asking questions and looking for opportunities to make improvements
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
• Opportunity to develop through projects
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with a diverse team
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.