Please note that this position is located at BDO Canada's Guelph Office.
BDO Canada LLP is a national professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services and one of the largest accounting and advisory firms in Canada. With over 90 years of experience, we’ve built up people, technical and industry expertise to help clients meet business objectives.
Our Outsourcing team frees businesses from the day-to-day burden of financial and payroll accounting and financial reporting by offering a highly automated all-inclusive service with business information available anytime, anywhere. The practice area is growing rapidly, with both medium and large clients, and as a result of our expansion, we have an immediate opening for a Senior Manager, Accounting /Bookkeeping Outsourcing to join the Practice at our Guelph Office. This position will involve managing outsourcing bookkeeping staff, making and building relationships with our clients, prospects and partners, planning and supervising Outsourcing engagements, as well as working to provide recommendations for improving and streamlining processes for the practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and sound guidance for Outsourcing staff
- Planning staff allocation and working with team members to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Managing staffing on engagements and working with all Outsourcing team Managers to ensure staff utilization is maintained, including prioritizing tasks for projects, establishing budgets and assigning staff to meet client deadlines.
- Develops the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute Bookkeeping engagements in accordance with all relevant professional standards (accounting, quality control, and ethical) and Firm policies
- Serve as the primary escalation point for clients
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, quality control and ethical standards, including reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Apply all relevant technical knowledge to issues arising on client engagements and ensure issues are addressed and appropriately documented.
- Apply appropriate business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Providing project management, technical skills and leadership to team members for projects and engagements
- Managing onboarding of new clients including potential site visits with clients and coordinating client and client facing team training
- Complete detailed review of bookkeeping and other outsourcing engagements to ensure the engagement/project is performed in accordance with Firm standards when needed
- Facilitates information sharing between clients and outsourcing team, acts as a liaison between outsourcing clients, outsourcing center and local office professionals.
- Delivers exceptional client service and experience to clients
- Begin to develop and build on new business opportunities with existing clients.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Approximately five years of experience in a leadership role within a client services environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Deep knowledge of Canadian accounting/bookkeeping practices and legislation is required
- A relevant certification is desired (e.g. CPA)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV software is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Prior internal and external client service and conflict resolution experience.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Exceptional communication, time and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
- High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism.
- Supports BDO's vision by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations.
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.