BDO Canada LLP is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant beginning immediately with our Edmonton team. This is an opportunity to work within an engaging team on tax consulting and compliance engagements for a diverse client base. This position has the opportunity to grow quickly within the firm while gaining valuable experience with planning and compliance tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms. This work may include an initial focus on preparation work while working towards reviewing all of the returns
- Research tax issues and prepare memorandum or client letters, including writing report/letter at the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Prepare tax accrual working in accordance with applicable accounting standards
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities
- Effectively communicating internally on various tax matters
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum three years’ experience within public practice with significant exposure to Tax engagements
- Professional designation required (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA)
- Strong desire to be enrolled in, or already be enrolled in CICA In-Depth Tax Course
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a busy work environment
- Flexible to work independently as well as within a team
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
BDO's vision is to be the best professional services firm in the mid-market. By investing deeply in relationships, we do our best to help our employees, clients, and communities thrive.