Our BDO Orangeville office is seeking a qualified Intermediate Accountant for our Assurance and Accounting department.
In an environment of continuous learning, the incumbent carries out the completion of work projects and assignments under the direct supervision of their manager or another more experienced team member. In conjunction with their manager and other team members, the Intermediate Staff Accountant gathers audit evidence based on Assurance & Accounting engagements
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Apply relevant technical proficiency and knowledge acquired through assigned work, self study, participation in courses, and study of current technical reports and information
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Complete the tax matters schedule where it relates to your section of the file
- Draft the tax return for review
- Ensure all working papers are updated to reflect the final version of the financial statements
- Follow up on review notes, confirmations received and outstanding issues to assist the Manager in the completion of the file
- Gather all pertinent information for the notes to the financial statements and draft the notes that are relevant to your sections of the file
- Gather management letter points for discussion with the manager/partner and review the prior year’s reported management points to determine their current status
- Initiate discussions with the manager/senior to make him/her aware of the status of your sections
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Pursuing or have obtained a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 1-2 years of experience in Auditing/Accounting
- Previous experience with an accounting or tax program such as Caseware, Caseview or Taxprep an asset
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of accounting policies and assurance techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism.
- This role may require some travel to other offices and/or client sites
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.