BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO is currently looking for a Manager/Senior Specialist, Indirect Tax to work out of one of our several offices in Eastern Ontario. This would be a great role for both an experienced Manager looking to make a change, or a Senior Accountant/Associate within Indirect Tax who is ready to make the move into a Manager position. The successful candidate will be working with Team Members on Indirect Tax engagements for a broad client base.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for doing GST/HST planning, GST risk reviews on audit files
- Research on issues, preparing opinions, ruling requests, and notices of objection
- Assisting clients with GST/HST questions and Canada Revenue Agency GST/HST audits
- Some compliance work will be expected
- Develop and deliver presentations, training sessions on GST/HST matters.
- Working directly with clients both on and off site
- Preparing refund schedules and refund applications for submissions to clients or government bodies.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Completed the CPA Canada In-Depth GST/HST course or willing to attend the course in 2019
- Experience within the private and public sector
- Qualified CPA is preferred but not required
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to analyze a situation, identify issues and research legislation
- Strong communication skills (oral/written)
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way