BDO’s Financial Advisory Services (FAS) practice provides business valuations, litigation support, insurance loss accounting and assistance in matrimonial matters to our clients across Canada. BDO’s Calgary FAS practice has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist with engagement acceptance process for new clients;
- Initiation of the Caseware file for the valuation files including gathering and organizing information;
- Conduct conflict checks;
- Preparation of engagement and other letters and following up with appropriate clients for signing;
- Direct support of our Calgary FAS Partner and general support to other members of the FAS team within the West region;
- Providing remote administrative support to our Edmonton office when their local Administrative Assistant is on vacation or otherwise unavailable (this would be reciprocated for the Calgary office)
- Managing schedules and appointments for leadership team;
- Preparation of correspondence and reports (including IBISWorld reports);
- Assist with the client billing and collections processes;
- Client interaction to support information requests and follow-ups;
- Registered mailings and couriers;
- Photocopying/filing and other administrative duties as required.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Office Administration Diploma or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative capacity within a fast-paced office setting;
- Self-starting individual with flexibility and willingness to handle multiple tasks with potentially conflicting priorities;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (superior Word and Excel skills are required);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Willing and able to take on new responsibilities over time;
- Ability to deal with confidential information;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work setting.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.