BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Resource Manager to join our West Group team on a contract basis. This position will contribute to the development and support of the workforce planning team for the West Group, which includes BC and Alberta. You will work directly with our leadership team to implement processes and understand data analytics related to utilization and aspects of effective workforce planning.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about workforce planning and is eager to work closely with our West Group leadership team to best deploy our resources. This is a contract role that can be located at any one of our BC or Alberta locations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Work directly with Senior Management Team, to determine best practices as it relates to workforce planning including understanding overall utilization and staff retention. Developing best practice programs as well as opportunities for staff sharing across the region.
• Responding to business challenges and providing workforce-planning solutions for the region. Identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with department leads to address and solve those issues
• Act as an escalation point of contact for scheduling conflict resolution as well as development of solutions in support of business goals.
• Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to leadership with resolutions to such business challenges.
• Manage resourcing forecast spreadsheets to support high level planning.
• Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
• Identifies need for talent and works with Human Resources to staff accordingly when needed
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• 3-5 years resource management or project management experience in professional services environment.
• Proven success in managing multiple and fast moving projects simultaneously.
• Strong leadership abilities in leading a cross functional team across different locations.
• Significant experience forecasting resource projects.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications specifically intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
• Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups.
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
• Opportunity to develop through projects
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with a diverse team
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.