BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our Kamloops team beginning immediately. Within this job, you will have the opportunity to support a group of Leaders. Tasks will include client invoicing, preparing reports, calendar & travel management as well as supporting the overall business operations. To be successful in this role you will have a strong business acumen, excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities daily. This is a full time permanent job opportunity.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to the Partners which includes client invoicing, calendar management, client and contact database management, and time & expense reports.
- Organize, arrange and coordinate internal meetings as well as attendance/registration for courses and conferences.
- Preparing memo’s financial statement documentation as well as other client focused activities
- Assembly of corporate and personal tax returns as well as preparing formal business communication.
- Preparing and analyzing ongoing and ad hoc reporting by pulling data from internal systems into MS Excel.
- Review working paper files for appropriate sign-offs on specific documentation.
- Preparing and reviewing presentations and proposals.
- Managing time reporting including creating new clients, charge out rates, etc.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Significant experience in an administrative role within a professional work environment required.
- Experience within a professional services environment considered an asset.
- Exposure to Case Ware or Case View would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Strong business acumen and professional maturity. Ability to support activities of a confidential nature.
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills in particular MS Excel; Advanced MS Excel skills would be considered an asset.
- Ability to support high-level management demands with a strong attention to detail.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Assist with special project and other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.