BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The Barrie, ON office is recruiting for a Senior Tax Manager. This individual must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. You will be offered challenging opportunities and enriching client exposure in a variety of industries.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Applies specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address tax issues relevant to the client’s business
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities with existing clients
- Domestic Tax assignments may include the evaluation of client business processes and policies, providing advice on policy and tax changes necessary to meet changing market needs, and developing proactive tax strategies to make effective use of business opportunities
- Assignments also include complex tax return preparation, compliance work and review of corporate and personal tax returns
- Provides both technical and project management leadership to team members for Domestic Tax projects or assignments and has responsibility for maintaining quality control standards
- Develops and/or maintains positive client relationships
- Effective communication with our clients and with our Partners and staff on tax matters
- Providing coaching and training to other staff members
- May conduct formal project/team performance reviews or give input to reviewers on team members
- Occasional travel to various BDO offices and client sites can be expected in this role
- Accountable to act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional Accounting Designation required
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course
- Minimum of five years’ experience in public accounting, with a specialization in Tax for a minimum of two years
- Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax compliance and planning
- Previous experience in reviewing quarterly and annual tax provisions and corporate tax returns
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware/Caseview and TaxPrep
- Ability to manage client relationships well
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way