BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our fun and dynamic team while providing support for our high growth Tax Service Line across the country. In this fast paced and challenging role, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent acquisition expertise, consult with business leaders to help define needs and talent requirements, develop and execute sourcing strategies that deliver high caliber talent and timely results.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Actively attract and qualify permanent, contract and future pipeline candidates
• Foster relationships and develop social networks of highly skilled professionals
• Build on ongoing understanding of our industries and national/local markets to ensure the Tax team is a front runner in the war for talent
• Collaborate with business line leaders to understand current and future talent requirements
• Working in partnership with Talent Acquisition team, develop actionable sourcing strategies which enable the attainment of business hiring plans requirement
• Research and develop internal and external candidate pipeline strategies for future roles
• Work in partnership with hiring managers/Partners and the HR team to clarify role specification and schedule interviews
• Consult on talent acquisition activities, best practices, candidates sourcing and recruitment strategies that support the goals and direction of the Firm
• Collaborate on the offer process
• Act as a brand ambassador, building and communicating the firm's employee value proposition
• Meet and exceed on-time delivery service level agreements for our clients
• Understand the financial goals of the business and contribute to reaching and exceeding those goals.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the role
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Human Resources, in staffing and recruitment
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships including confidential and tactful manner
• Demonstrated excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent coordination and organizational and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and with the team
• Proficiency and speed in the use of relevant computer software including MS Word and Excel, HRIS/HRMS, and performance and talent management systems
• Previous experience working for a professional services staffing firm or a big four will be considered an asset
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
• BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.