BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Scheduling Specialist beginning immediately within our Calgary office. This role will support the smooth operation of BDO Calgary’s scheduling and resourcing for all Audit and Assurance engagements. You will be involved in strategic resource planning and resolving scheduling changes. This role has significant opportunity for growth to learn more about workforce planning, scheduling and database analysis. This is a full time permanent job.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Proactively managing A&A resource requests, resolving scheduling changes as required through consultation with Manager group and working to optimize utilization on project engagements.
- Maintaining a current and accurate schedule within the resourcing database.
- Applying the firm policies for all requests for vacation, sabbatical and study leave.
- Leading scheduling discussions within the Manager meeting to resolve ongoing required changes.
- Generating reports on availability and utilization within MS Excel.
- Developing an understanding of staffing skillsets and working to identify skills gaps.
- Liaising with resourcing contacts across Canada to facilitate sharing of resources.
- Supporting the Resourcing team during busy periods and discussing continuous improvement strategies.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Experience in resource planning, employee scheduling or recruitment.
- 1-2 years’ minimum experience working with databases within a professional work environment.
- Knowledgeable in MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in both group meetings as well as one-on-one.
- Enjoys working both independently as well as part of a team.
- Proactive approach to resolving scheduling challenges.
- Passion for working with people and optimizing employee strengths.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously within a deadline oriented environment.
- Aptitude for problem solving and ability to think critically while using methodological approaches to find resolutions.
- Ability to take initiative to implement changes and take on projects independently.
- Detail oriented within a busy work environment.
- Strong analytical and organization skills required.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.