BDO is currently seeking a Senior Manager or Manager to join our team of recognized leaders who assist clients in creating strategic, practical and effective processes to minimize organizational risks and maximize business opportunities. The Senior Manager or Manager will act as a key member of the team with the desire to lead, build and manage complex projects and be a thought leader in the areas of IT Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance management. From enterprise-wide risk initiatives, to corporate governance programs, to specific niche service solutions, our team offers a combination of services within the following areas:
- Enterprise risk management
- Internal controls design and assessment
- Program evaluation
- Independent project review
- Internal audit
- Business process enhancement/re-design
- IT General and application controls
- Service organization control reports
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead in a multidisciplinary, high growth, consulting environment in Risk Advisory implementation projects and other Advisory projects
- Establish strong relationships with clients at all levels of experience and lead business initiatives
- Maintain excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate a significant level of self-initiative and autonomy
- Demonstrate ability to perform Information Systems Specialist work on BDO’s audit files where there is a complex IT environment.
- Manage the delivery of audits and/or assessments against each of the following standards; ISO 27000, NIST, PCI, SOC 1, SOC 2.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Actively develop business opportunities and create a network of potential client contacts
- Work closely with consultants and ensure quality delivery to clients; as well as managing the financial aspects of the engagement through staffing and monitoring fees.
- Build strong internal relationships with BDO and with other services across the organization.
- Superior leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented with attention to detail and the ability to be effective in both a hands-on and managerial role
- Maintain a proactive and logical approach to information gathering, with an ability to combine complex ideas and present information clearly and effectively
- Ability to think strategically and systematically, with strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills in order to identify key issues and recommend clearly defined solutions and/or responses
- Demonstrate integrity within a professional environment
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in business and/or other related major
- Professional designation required or pursuing (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, etc.)
- 6 – 12 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in risk management, internal audit, and/or information systems audits
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data and information
- Strong acumen for information technology and ability to assess information systems from an audit perspective
- Experience with ISO27000, Cobit, ITIL standards and frameworks
- Experience in evaluating IT General Controls and IT governance structures
- Experience in evaluating / developing IT related policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in: anticipating and diagnosing problems that arise during projects, building and documenting solutions, drafting effective communications for clients, managing and coordinating projects
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills for internal/external purposes
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Willingness and ability to travel, occasionally with minimal prior notice
- Self-starter who can work alone, if required
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Effective time management skills
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.