BDO Canada's Waterloo office is looking for a full-time permanent Receptionist to join our team. We are seeking an individual who has demonstrated abilities to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical, while still providing exceptional client service. This individual must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of a multi-line phone system, including answering phones, transferring calls, setting up conference calls, etc.
- Clerical duties including typing of correspondence, photocopying, filing, sending faxes, mailings to clients, banking and mail and preparation of various reports
- Receiving and directing visitors and clients to the appropriate individual, as well as greeting clients in a professional manner
- Booking boardrooms for meetings as requested
- Manage courier requirements for delivery and pickup, including signing for couriers, and other necessary documentation
- Assist office with correspondence, mass mailings, client year end letters, and other duties
- Providing assistance to other partners and staff as assigned
- Working cooperatively and effectively with other staff members
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- A related post-secondary diploma/certificate is ideal
- Prior Office Administrative experience in a professional setting is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to be adaptable and quick thinking while working independently
- Thrives working under pressure and able to meet deadlines, even when conflicting priorities arise
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- Professional demeanor
- Strong client service skills with the ability to exceed client expectations
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.