BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently looking to bring on a Senior Accountant to be part of our Salmon Arm team. The successful candidate will work within our Assurance & Accounting practice for a broad client base while working closely with the team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of a Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for completion of all aspects of the assurance engagement including planning and execution tasks.
- The Senior Accountant will be responsible for on-the-job training and mentoring of other team members.
- The successful candidate will complete the analysis of the work related to Assurance & Accounting projects and engagements.
- Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises.
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to engagement.
- Identify process improvements for future assignments and share their knowledge and experience with other team members
- Responding to queries and correcting errors identified by Senior Accounting Technicians, Manager, Senior Manager or Partner
- Completion of additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Professional designation or working towards completing a designation required (CA & CMA, CGA or CPA).
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- This role will require the ability to work extra hours from time-to-time per business requirements.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.