Our BDO Edmonton office is seeking a Senior Manager, Tax to be part of our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Tax clients, contributing to strategic planning and client management initiatives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conducts formal project/team performance reviews and provides input to individual performance ratings
- Contributes to the successful recruitment of new talent - Develops the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Tax assignments may include the evaluation of client business processes and policies, providing advice on policy and tax changes necessary to meet changing market needs, and developing proactive tax strategies to make effective use of business opportunities.
- Plans, scopes and directs complex client assignments/projects, determining assignment costs, resources and fees for Partner approval
- Has broad financial, resource and administrative accountabilities in addition to operations project work
- Initiates strategic and commercial client contact, ensuring that all client needs are met and that account development follows
- Maintains relationships with clients at the highest level Accountable for most operational aspects of client engagement submit to varying levels of Partner involvement which may include travel to client sites
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a public accounting practice
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience in domestic reorganization
- Qualified Canadian CPA/CA with successful completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (level I & II at a minimum)
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware / Caseview and TaxPrep
- Experience in reviewing corporate and personal tax returns
- Strong organization and time management skills
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.