BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant in our downtown Toronto office. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who has a positive, proactive “can do” attitude with excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. Other essential qualities are attention to detail, the ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to changing demands and deadlines.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Proactively anticipate the needs of Partners, and ensure prioritization and optimization of Partners’ time
• Assist Partners in managing their practice group by helping to coordinate, track and update the progress of project plans, budgets, workflow and staff utilization and assignments, and actively following up on outstanding items
• Assist Partners in managing client files by proactively monitoring, tracking and following up on outstanding client files
• Prepare various correspondences, client proposals, reports, spreadsheets and presentations materials using MS Office, or other software as required
• Assemble and e-file all of the Partners’ clients’ tax returns
• Quality control regarding visual presentation of financial statements, proof-reading, check additions, transfers and cross-referencing on financial statements prior to issue
• Ensure high quality and accuracy in all documents including drafts, and compliance with company standards
• Work with staff and clients to finalize documents, coordinate and follow up as required to ensure the timely production of documents, with final documents filed electronically
• Perform full client set up including client acceptance, conflict checks, setting up client in the various platforms and regularly maintain up to date client information
• Administrative support including calendar management, schedule meetings, book travel, submitting expense reports, taking minutes
• Assist with monitoring WIP and receivables, billing and invoicing
• Respond to voicemails, calls and emails forwarded to the assistant to handle
• Anticipate the administrative team workload and provide support to the team as needed
• Overtime may be required during busy season
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• 5 or more years of relevant experience in an administrative role, preferably in a professional services environment
• Superior technical skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to learn new software as required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong spelling, editing, proofreading, punctuation and grammar skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, proactive, able to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Proactive and comfortable working in a highly technical and ever changing work environment
• Excellent customer service, able to liaise with clients (both internal and external) in a professional manner
• Effective listening and problem solving skills
• Previous Public Accounting Firm experience preferred
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
• Opportunity to develop through projects
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.