BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The Lindsay office of BDO Canada LLP is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to work with a team of Tax Managers and other Tax professionals on tax consulting and compliance engagements for a broad client base.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities
- Effectively communicating internally on various tax matters
- Has appropriate technical knowledge for level and nature of client work assigned
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis
- Preparation of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms
- Research tax issues and prepare memorandum or client letters, including writing report/letter at the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Prepare tax accrual working in accordance with applicable accounting standards
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- 3 years of tax experience
- Professional designation required with successful completion of the CICA in-depth Tax course
- Excellent team player
- Committed and dedicated to your work
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way