BDO Canada LLP requires an Intermediate Accounting Technician for its Small Business Services group. The incumbent will be responsible for providing accounting services to our clients. Based in our Montreal office, the incumbent must be flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role. The incumbent must be able to work autonomously, but also within a team environment and be available for client visits.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping for various clients including cash receipts, cash disbursements, bank reconciliations, GST/HST/QST/DAS reports;
- Assistance with various payroll calculations;
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly and/or yearly financial statements and year-end files including all necessary adjustments;
- Assistance in the preparation of corporate tax returns;
- Assistance with special mandates (for example, government audits, set-up of accounting systems);
- Assistance with the preparation of annual tax slips (T4, T5, etc.);
- Answer government inquiries related to various assessments received by clients;
- Provide support to clients while implementing their accounting systems and answer questions regarding various bookkeeping issues.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Post-secondary education with at least three years’ experience in accounting; preferably in an accounting firm;
- Excellent accounting skills and knowledge of various accounting software (Simply Accounting, Quickbooks, Acomba, and cloud-based accounting software);
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal (French and English);
- Experience with Caseware is an asset;
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word);
- Good knowledge of sales taxes and of payroll and deductions at source;
- Ability to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks, as required, and work with a minimum of supervision;
- Good team spirit;
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.