BDO’s Downtown Montréal office is looking for a candidate to fill the following position in our Marketing group:
Reporting to BDO’s East group Marketing Manager, the incumbent will be involved locally in the development and achievement of marketing initiatives for BDO offices throughout the province of Quebec. The Marketing Specialist will be actively involved in achieving the department’s objectives for constant improvement of the Firm’s market and internal visibility and positioning. The incumbent is an energetic and ambitious person who enjoys working in a dynamic environment focused on team work, quality, success and results.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Marketing, Advertising & Promotional Material Programs
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and the National Office to coordinate Marketing programs.
- Industry Program: works in collaboration with members of office industry teams and office industry leaders to support the industry program and initiatives.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of marketing documents, including printed advertising, pamphlets, brochures, publications, posters, banners and bulletins.
- Coordinates translation, copywriting, infographics and graphic requests, with internal teams.
- Closely collaborate with the Marketing Manager and the National Office for the coordination of local advertising.
- Ensure the Firm's national branding standards are met in all publications, distributed materials and office communications.
- Responsible for the management of the Firm’s promotional items (proposal analysis, selection, procurement, etc.).
- Promotes at all times the brand, internally and externally and helps create an office marketing culture for all level professionals.
- Perform a competitive review.
Event & Sponsorship Management
- Plan and coordinate events for clients and prospects, such as training sessions, conferences, receptions and round tables.
- Oversee all logistic aspects to ensure smooth running of events, including invitation development and writing, set-up and guest list management, on-site assistance, selection of location and suppliers and contract negotiation as well as budget compliance and post-event follow-up.
- Proposes alternatives when there are obstacles in the event or sponsorship planning.
- Collaborate on some office internal key events with human resources and, occasionally, certain committees (Social Committee, Volunteering Committee).
- Develop and maintain the marketing events calendar in co-operation with the other offices.
- Coordinate all the Office internal communications, i.e. Intranet posts, firm wide e-mails, visual materials, etc.
- Manage the internal newsletter for the BDO Quebec offices
- Manage the Firm’s Intranet site (SharePoint), i.e. create, approve and share content and images
Marketing Committees, Plans & Budgets
- Track an annual marketing budget
- Sit occasionally at some decisional strategic committees.
- Perform certain clerical tasks for the team; update the database, track invoices, update budget and timeline tracking documents.
Business Development Programs
- Collaborate in the request for proposal process: ensure that the general information on the Firm, industry data and statistics are relevant, ensure that branding standards are met, and collaborate with other stakeholders (partners, managers, assistants for statistics and data research).
- Ability to move easily between the two Montréal offices.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing and project management.
- University degree (bachelor’s degree preferably) in marketing, business management or a related area.
- General knowledge of various marketing aspects (event and sponsorship management, brand visibility, marketing tool coordination, internal communications, social media, writing for marketing tools, communications, sales, etc.).
- Proven experience in event coordination and secondary promotional material development.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, conduct several projects simultaneously and set priorities.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal (French and English) and detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, and proven ability to establish collaborative relations with high level stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish relationships based on trust with demanding professionals.
- Excellent client service approach - The incumbent will be required to interact with staff members, managers, partners, and clients.
- Demonstrate positive leadership and privilege collaboration.
- Creative, independent and innovative.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with CRM (an asset).Experience in a Marketing or Communications Department for a professional services firm (an asset).
- Solid knowledge with social media: Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, etc. (an asset).
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.