BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Billings and Collections Administrator to join our Ottawa office. Collections Administrators are responsible for monthly client contact and collection of accounts receivable aged greater than 60 days for Partner accounts in assigned offices.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or inconsistencies
- Call each client with an outstanding balance greater than 60 days requesting payment or as necessary negotiating an approved payment arrangement
- Accountable for creating invoices and credit memos, issuing them to clients and updating customer files
- Prints and mails/emails client statements, ensuring quality, accuracy of statement content
- Posts write-offs or Negotiated Settlements as directed by Partners, documenting Partner approval and summary of reason for loss, including marking the account as “inactive” as instructed
- Assigns written-off accounts to approved collection agency as instructed
- Notes “new work” with existing unpaid balance occurrences and brings to attention of Manager
- Monitors Reserves in accordance with BDO Policy and completes monthly review, recording results
- Assist with special projects and complete related ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet assigned deadlines
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with and maintain information confidentiality
- Bilingual in French and English will be a major asset