BDO Canada’s Stratford office is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager, Assurance and Accounting focusing on public sector and private enterprise clients! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their client portfolio and develop relationships, overseeing assurance engagements and deliverables. As Manager/Senior Manager, you will be involved in strategic planning and client management initiatives to develop the practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Effectively lead audit engagement teams in the planning and execution of projects while assigning challenging work opportunities.
- Plan, scope and direct complex assignments, determining costs, resources and fees with support from the leadership team.
- Provide both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for assurance engagements.
- Assume broader financial, resource and administrative accountabilities.
- Addressing client issues using your strong technical skills and accounting experience.
- Apply industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business.
- Develop a portfolio of new clients and business opportunities with existing clients opportunities on an on-going basis.
- Perform Supervisory Tasks such as; staff performance reviews, recruitment and effectively supervise staff. Provide coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work.
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standards.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional designation required (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA).
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in an accounting and/or assurance role.
- Related experience and expertise in area of auditing.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement.
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.