BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO’s Financial Recovery Services (FRS) practice has established a reputation for uncompromising commitment to service, quality and results. Our financial recovery specialists provide creative, constructive, and cost-effective solutions for troubled companies and individuals. Our professionals combine their business management, analytical and insolvency skills with hands-on industry experience to ensure our clients receive consistent and personalized service.
Our Corner Brook Consumer Financial Recovery Services practice has an immediate opening for a Senior Insolvency Administrator. The Senior Insolvency Administrator will be responsible for various functions related to consumer bankruptcy, consumer proposal and other general enquires in Corner Brook and the surrounding area. The successful candidate will be an organized and professional individual that is adaptable, has strong interpersonal skills, is comfortable with numbers and be able to function within a strong local team environment. The successful candidate will also be responsible for various functions related to bankruptcies and proposals.
Responsibilities will include:
· Assist debtors in financial difficulty, both in person and by telephone, as it relates to bankruptcies and proposals
· Review interview forms, prepare files, documents and estates for input to Ascend software
· Perform initial consultations
Qualifications & Behavioral Competencies will include:
· Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage multiples tasks and a variable workload as required
· Proficient in MS Word (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· 2 -3 years of previous accounting, banking or legal experience an asset
· Willing to enroll in the BIA Administrator Course
· Must be able to liaise well with staff and outside parties
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.