BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Administrator to facilitate the payment process of client invoicing. The successful candidate will be involved in reviewing outstanding invoices, manage detailed records of information, and interact with clients to confirm status of payments.
Key Accountabilities & Responsabilities
- Responsible for facilitating the timely payment of past-due accounts for assigned offices throughout the Region
- Work closely with and follow the direction given by the Partners regarding how best to handle each individual client
- Maintain a detailed record of contact made with clients and arrangements agreed to
- Identify common client dissatisfaction issues that lead to non-payment of accounts, and report these to management
- Provide partners and management with a computer generated summary of activities on a monthly basis
- Monitor assigned accounts to ensure compliance with the Firm’s Policies, and report any deviations to management
- Monitor the accounts receivable within our internal system for any adjustments or maintenance that may be required, and coordinate the corrections needed
- Enter all write-offs and negotiated settlements within our internal system for the assigned accounts, ensuring that proper approval has been obtained, and tracking materials are prepared for management
- Prepare and mail client statements monthly
Education & Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must maintain confidentiality with respect to client matters
- A team player
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.