Our BDO Calgary office is seeking a Senior Accountant, Audit & Assurance to join our team. As the successful candidate, you will develop your professional career while receiving unparalleled mentorship from our partners and industry experts.
Your sound technical knowledge of audit and assurance concepts will ensure that we continue to effectively deliver exceptional service to our clients – demonstrating drive, integrity and passion for our clients and practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of year-end audit and assurance engagements and tax returns for clients in a variety of industries including Not for Profit
- Responsible for planning and carrying out work related to Assurance & Accounting and income tax engagements
- Ability to prepare and complete audit working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of industries including non-profit
- Build effective working relationships with BDO team members, client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Auditing financial statements of clients as a team member or audit senior
- Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and new clients
- Participate in new business development initiatives through preparation of materials for new business presentations and meetings, writing proposals, perform research, etc.
- Keeping partners and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis, of progress and significant issues
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA), along with expansive knowledge of IFRS & ASPE
- Minimum of three years of public accounting experience is required, including ability to organize and manage audits engagements
- Experience in the Not for Profit sector considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO values and expectation
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network, MS and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.