BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently seeking an Exeuctive Assistant in our downtown Toronto office who will be key in advancing priority objectives and the overall vision of the Audit Service Line Nationally. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong business acumen who can collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across a variety of disciplines to deliver on group-wide initiatives.
You will be joining a team of recognized experts responsible for delivering the overall firm strategy; you will play an integral part in assisting the firm to deliver on strategic initiatives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Support the Service Line Leader in achieving operational goals and implementing policies
• Develop a solid understanding of the firm’s cost structure and business model
• Assist in leading strategic group initiatives project streams to support the development of Corporate vision
• Act as a project manager and/or advisor on critical projects and facilitating cross-divisional or cross-functional teams
• Act as a representative and ambassador for the Service Line Leader, facilitating communication and working independently with the firm’s leadership team as required
• Support administrative tasks including scheduling & organizing meetings, managing calendars, preparing reports as required.
• Prioritize and organize on activities and strategies, taking into consideration a wide variety of time scales
• Contribute substantively in the development of new policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with overall company objectives
• Contribute to the development and support of the Service Line Leader overall communication strategy, building and maintaining mutually supportive relationships
• Draft talking points on an array of topics as required, and ensure that the Service Line Leader is prepared and in possession of information and materials required for meetings and other scheduled events
• Proactively anticipate the needs of the Service Line Leader, and ensure accuracy, coordination and prioritization/optimization of Service Line Leader’s time.
• Solicit input from and coordinate with firm leadership to track, monitor, and follow the progress of projects, action items, and business strategies that emanate from the Service Line Leader and their team
• Prepare reports for senior leadership regarding project status and keep leadership informed of project direction and renegotiate direction as necessary
• Deliver executive presentations regarding project direction and recommendations to Senior leadership in the group and organization
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree required.
• 4+ years of progressive, applicable experience. Prior professional services firm experience strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in supporting the delivery of strategic priorities is paramount.
• Proven decision making and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to gain consensus among key stakeholders, ability to navigate internal and external politics and ability to manage various projects simultaneously.
• Previous experience working in a client facing role with strong relationship management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly and articulately identify and define problems and develop creative solutions
• Proven project management success with strong track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of projects and experience
• Attention to detail is essential
• Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Experience generating and monitoring key performance indicators considered an asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.