The Windsor office of BDO Canada LLP has a fantastic opportunity for a Manager to support the growing Assurance and Accounting needs in our area. The Manager, A&A will have the opportunity to lead and execute engagements of various sizes, mentor future leaders and advise clients in several industries. The successful candidate must lead by example, and have a combination of technical, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills. This will be a progressive position with opportunities for advancement and specialization in areas of interest to the selected candidate.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Advise clients on accounting and tax issues in various industries
- Assist in the development and delivery of practical business advice for clients
- Preparation on a timely basis of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Effective communication with our clients and with our partners and staff
- Detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagements to ensure professional standards are met
- Provide coaching and training to other staff members
- Develop and build on new business opportunities with existing clients, as well as prospecting new business opportunities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- A minimum of five years of public accounting experience including the preparation and review of assurance engagements, non-assurance engagements, personal tax returns and corporate tax returns
- Business development acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency with MS Office and experience with Caseware and TaxPrep would be valuable assets
- Strong leadership abilities and experience managing a team is considered an asset
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.