BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP’s Kelowna office is seeking an extraordinary individual to join our team as a Receptionist beginning immediately!
The Receptionist is a pivotal role in a service organization. We are currently looking to hire a Receptionist on a contract until December 2019. The successful candidate will provide outstanding customer service to all guests that interact with the Firm in person and on the phone. Working in a fast-paced environment, we are seeking an individual who possesses the personality and administrative skills to be our office ambassador.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player who possesses a demeanor that is both positive and easy-going, ideally suited to interacting with a variety of people and situations. Not only will they will be able to anticipate client needs before they arise, but they will also be computer savvy with the ability to learn new software and other skills easily.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Attending to all customer inquiries, whether by phone, email or walk-in, in a timely and professional manner
- Maintaining all client databases
- Booking rooms and scheduling appointments as requested, and coordinating catering requirements
- Submitting and tracking invoices and expense claims
- Processing and receiving courier shipments
- Posting and accepting receipt of client payments
- Maintaining the front desk and display area in an organized and professional manner
- Providing administrative support where needed
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate with others, both verbally and written
- Can demonstrate the crucial role that superb customer service plays in any business
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast paced, customer driven environment, and have had experience in completing tasks simultaneously
- Cheerful outlook and a high energy personality
- Well organized and have an eye for detail
- Self-motivated to work independently as well as being a team player
- Training and/or experience in office administration tasks would be considered an asset
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.