Our Risk Advisory Services is a rapidly growing practice which combines proven auditing and risk management processes, methodologies and technology with seasoned professionals. Our commitment is that we will provide BDO Clients with outstanding service.
Based in the GTA, we are seeking a full time Technology Risk & Security, Consultant/Auditor to work in conjunction with the TRS team in the delivery of SOC and IT Security engagements. In this key role you will support key audit services including:
- SOC 2/SOC 3 Reports
- IT Security Reviews
- IT Controls Assurance
- ISO 27K
- SOC for Cybersecurity
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Perform Third Party Assurance engagements – CSAE 3416/ SSAE 18 (SOC1, SOC2, SOC3)
- Support the Managers team on IT Risk and Controls Assessments, GRC implementation, ICFR projects and other Advisory projects
- Maintain excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate a significant level of self-initiative and autonomy
- Systematically analyze and identify problems in order to determine the causes and propose solutions
- Superior communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Act with professionalism and integrity when working with confidential and sensitive information
- Results-oriented with attention to detail
- Maintain a proactive and logical approach to information gathering, with an ability to combine complex ideas and present information clearly and effectively
- Ability to think strategically and systematically, with strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills in order to identify key issues and recommend clearly defined solutions and/or responses
- Demonstrate integrity within a professional environment
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Trust Services Principles.
- 1-4 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business and/or related major
- Must be in the process or actively pursuing related professional certifications as CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Willingness to travel
Why Work for BDO?
BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.