Our BDO Sherbrooke office is actively seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant. The person is responsible for providing proactive administrative support to the managing partner in charge of the Sherbrooke office, a team of professionals in government incentive services and insolvency. In addition to having excellent executive-level support, the person must demonstrate professionalism, discretion and is able to work on a flexible schedule, if required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Act as a collaborator and assistant to the director and intermediary with clients.
- Perform a variety of administrative support tasks including writing, preparing and formatting letters, offers of services, reports, sample documents and confidential submissions;
- Maintain and manage the database of clients and business contacts (customer record, contract, results, submission, etc.) as well as the management of the files in the database;
- Prepare and release reports including time, work in progress and operating expenses for the Sherbrooke office, customer contracts and / or advisors
- Update the weekly production schedule and the task list;
- Manage, approve and track invoices from suppliers and customers;
- Prepare the director's expense account, get approval and attach photocopies of invoices
- Provide coordination and logistics of meetings and networking activities as well as management of schedules, travel and travel arrangements;
- Organize and maintain the filing and archiving system for documents and computer files;
- Make phone calls, direct communications and take messages
- Greet visitors, customers, representatives and others, notify associates and / or employees, offer them coffee and sit down;
- Picking up, stamping and depositing mail, preparing deposit slips and depositing customer checks at the financial institution;
- Maintain the inventory of office supplies and promotional tools, make the necessary orders, receive orders, file everything on receipt and prepare the corporate presentation kits;
- Receive and send parcels
Government Incentives and Insolvency Services
- At the beginning of each term, update and open client files, research information, prepare service offers and certain documents related to risk management and independence;
- Review the spelling, punctuation and grammar of the scientific reports produced by the advisors (French or English).
- Prepare, format, photocopy, print and assemble the files (binders) to be delivered to clients in the context of the production of SR & ED, CDAE and other tax credit claims using Word, Excel and PDF ;
- Integrate customer information into TaxPrep software and prepare PDF documents for transmission to government authorities
- Prepare and send proxy forms obtained from the client to the tax authorities
- Conduct verification of the integration of proxies with the Ministries
- Communicate according to the established schedule, with the client and / or the tax authorities for a follow-up on the status of the processing of the claim
Training and Professional Skills
- College diploma in office automation or other relevant training;
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in an administrative position with a minimum of five (5) years at the executive level, preferably in the field of public accounting;
- Perfect command of the French language and the English language, spoken and written;
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple files at once and be flexible in managing multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Must be flexible and available to work overtime as needed;
- Be able to evolve in an environment requiring discretion and respect for the confidentiality of information.
- Professional attitude at all times and focused on customer service, both internally and externally
- Spirit of analysis, initiative, excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities
Why work at BDO?
BDO is the 5th largest accounting and consulting firm in the world. At BDO, our most valuable asset is our people. We offer them the opportunity to grow and improve in an enviable