We are currently seeking a Manager to join our Edmonton team. The Manager oversees non-assurance engagements, tax planning and compliance and other deliverables directly related to client engagements in accordance with Firm and professional standards. With the development of their knowledge and experience, Managers will have increases responsibilities and accountability for staff development, supervision and engagement.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Apply all relevant technical knowledge to technical issues arising on client engagements and ensure the issues are addressed and appropriately documented in accordance with the appropriate professional standards and Firm policies
- Apply appropriate industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Apply effective marketing and selling skills to develop a portfolio of new clients. Begin to develop and build on new business opportunities with existing clients, and continually maintain a positive client relationship, where periodic visits to client sites is required
- Complete the detailed review of non-assurance engagements and accounting projects to ensure that the engagement/project is in accordance with the relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- Conduct and assist others on the engagement team with research as necessary on technical matters related to client situations
- Conduct or provide input into staff performance reviews. Develop the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Effectively manage and focus Firm resources, Apply appropriate industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute non-assurance, engagements, tax planning and compliance and other accounting projects in accordance with all relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standards
- Manage the efficient completion of various engagements projects within required budgets and deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Participate in interviews and assist in the selection of new talent during recruitment periods
- Provide both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for non-assurance engagements and involvement in tax services provided to non-assurance clients
- Work independently on special assignments and more difficult corporate or tax assignments according to business needs
- This role requires regular travel to other offices and/or client sites, and can increase in frequency depending on client and/or client needs
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- CPA designation
- Five(5) years experience in a public accounting firm
- Advances accounting and tax skills
- Experience with Caseware and TaxPrep an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Highly organized and effective co-coordinator
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.