BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently looking to bring on a Senior Accountant to be part of our Vancouver team! Within this job you will work within our Assurance & Accounting practice for a broad client base with primarily audit and complex review engagement. Our team is extremely collaborative, entrepreneurial and supportive. This is a full time permanent position.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- You will be preparing and reviewing the completions of working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises.
- As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for completion of all aspects of the entire audit and/or review engagement including planning and execution of the project.
- You will also be responsible for leading the engagement and provide on-the-job training of other team members.
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to engagement.
- Identify process improvements for future assignments and share their knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Completion of additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Three or more years of work experience supporting audit and review engagements.
- Professional designation required (CA & CMA, CGA or CPA).
- Ability to support multiple engagements and multiple client relationships effectively.
- This role will require the ability to work extra hours from time-to-time per business requirements
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.