BDO Canada has an immediate opening in our IT Department for a Manager, Systems & Cloud Infrastructure. This role will be located in our National Office in downtown Toronto, close to public transit and Union station.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure - IT, the Manager, Systems & Cloud Infrastructure is responsible for people management and daily operations support of critical business and infrastructure systems for the Firm.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic & organized People Leader in managing a diverse and talented Infrastructure and Cloud services team. Provide leadership, guidance and processes to elevate the performance of the team.
- Lead the team and in collaboration with other teams / peers to deliver expert level troubleshooting / resolution, processes / capabilities to resolve complex issues affecting the Firm’s critical business and infrastructure systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, Azure services, O365 services, Unified Communications (Email Messaging System, Email Archiving Office Communicator, WebEx, In-tune and others) XenApp, XenDesktop, Backup Technologies (Commvault, Microsoft Data Protection Manager and others), SharePoint services, Microsoft SQL, Document Management Systems, UCS, Dell, EMC VNX environments and take appropriate measures to correct them. Assess alternatives in terms of supplier offerings, costs, technologies, and methodologies in relation to feasibility and practicality to BDO business objectives.
- Manage daily Data-center related services.
- Manage key vendors and relationships. Work with vendors to improve services and their management.
- Manage contracts and licensing of Infrastructure/Cloud services for the Firm.
- Conduct formal project/team/individual performance reviews and provide input relating to individual performance ratings.
- Provide leadership to a team of diverse operational and project technical professionals.
- Manage inventory and the yearly budget requirements for the department.
- Provide assistance in conjunction with other senior technical personnel and peer managers to create a detailed analysis and design for systems conversion and migrations.
- Assist in determining the tools, operating environments, standards, and methodologies for complex projects.
- Monitor the effectiveness of current and deployed systems in order to evolve and grow areas of improvement or development.
- Manage project processes and resources from development through to implementation and support. This may also include enhancements to existing systems.
- Ensure all critical systems are properly supported and cross trained amongst the department. Research in collaboration with the peer managers to keep abreast of technological developments, market and product offerings and best practices for the Firm.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, Infrastructure-IT and Human Resources, participate in interviews and assist in selecting new talent during recruitment periods.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science/Networking or related field.
- 7-10 years of work experience in a similar role.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Cloud Services (Azure), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional and/or Citrix Certified Engineer (CCA) designation are assets. Working knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud services will be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge with MS Office, MS-Teams and MS-TFS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to facilitate discussions with all levels of personnel.
- Knowledge of Dell / Cisco UCS hardware (Blade servers and Storage Area Networks) & supporting infrastructure such as SAN fabric
- Knowledge of Azure, O365 services, Skype, Exchange, In-tune, Email Archiving
- Knowledge of UCS and virtualization technologies including VMware & Microsoft products. (ie: ESXi, vSphere, Hyper-V etc)
- Knowledge of Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
- Knowledge of Commvault & other related Data Protection technologies
- Knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, Domain Name System (DNS), System Center services, SCOM, OMS, Workday, SSO solutions, Anti-spam, Anti Malware, SIEM systems (Qradar, Logrythm etc)
- Working knowledge of ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Kanban processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database environments and Document Management Systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and industry best practices
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.